- These are the last few precious days before daylight saving time ends during the work week where I can enjoy a ride in the evening.
- My ex is harassing me over some financial loose ends in the divorce. It's brought up some emotions. Riding my bike always helps me clear my head.
- My inspirational boyfriend commutes to work rain or shine all year long at night. He likes riding in the the rain. I've raced in the rain. Why do I skip training in it? It's not like I'll melt like the wicked witch.
- I ate a big lunch and I'm in weight loss mode again. When I'm on the lose weight bandwagon I have to seize the day. It takes work.
- Because I can. Fat Cyclist's wife Susan is losing her battle with cancer. His blog has been a part of my cycling life for a while now. His latest was about appreciating the small moments in our lives-- how did I want to spend my time? On my bike.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
I stood at the backdoor this afternoon fully geared up with my cheap plastic rain jacket from Performance contemplating if I should ride or not in the now steady rain. I didn't feel a compulsive neurotic desire to train. I needed to ride: