Sunday, July 27, 2008

Carson Valley Classic: District Criterium Championship

The bellas-- Andrea, April, Soni and I came out to play in the smoke in Minden, Nevada. My new 35+ is a fast masters category. There weren't even any 30+ that showed up. We attacked, sprinted for primes. I tried to position my teammates and keep them out of the wind. April won a prime-- she has really raced her way into superb shape this year. She did a lot of work. It was hard to breathe. Taitt beat up on us a little. I narrowly avoided a solo crash in turn one. It was a good race. I love working for my team and hoped I could help them a little more than I did. I ended up 10th place. Andrea rode really well and ended up 6th! :)

The highlight-- seeing Soni get 1st! in the 40+ and seeing Jeff win after that bad crash last year.


I like my horoscope today:
July 27, 2008
TaurusTaurus (4/20-5/20)

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. So if you are upset that you recently failed to attain a goal, don't dwell on it as a failure. Try to see it as a lesson, not as a waste of time. You are taking away something very valuable from this endeavor. Use it to carry your forward. You've got other goals to pursue, so switch your focus to those and choose to believe that you will attain them. Just because you missed last time does not mean you will fail again.

1 comment:

X Bunny said...

ah, but taitt's strategy didn't quite work out for her.....

i think all the bellas did great and it was fun racing with you!