Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tour De France Commercials
For those of us without a DVR, we get the pleasure of watching the same commercials over and over again. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the tour has sponsorship. What I've determined:

1. My beer and my life should have more than one dimension.
2. It's never too late to set yourself straight.
3. You can take energy from exhaust and recycle it.
4. Repetition does not equal joy.

Tuesday Points Racing
Every week has been more fun! Great camaraderie and learning from the pros. Larry Nolan does a great job running things, teaching and keeping it fun. I feel like I've turned a corner and have figured out how to get up on top of the gear and sprint. We did three 30 lap races, sprinting every six laps with a few brownie primes thrown in. I attacked a few times and got some points, which is better than my past performance. At the end of the last race, I knew I was cooked and outgunned by the juniors and Kelly of Proman, so I attacked with three to go. Beth, my bella teammate, used this to her advantage and attacked after me and won 1st (I think she won two of the Cs points races for the night). Go team! Go Beth.

2 comments:

teamwelliver said...

Go Katie!! You were tearing it up last night...and racing for 96 laps is a lot all in one evening. Really fun stuff.

I think I only won the 2nd race...I don't think I had enough points to take the last one.

Denise said...

I cannot stand that recycle/exhaust/energy commercial. I just cringe when I hear it.....